The long Christmas break. I’m here in my room, semi-bumming around. I was supposed to clean up the place but I found it so hard to resist the seductive snooze. Tomorrow, yeah. Let’s do it tomorrow.
Bon Iver is playing. I look outside and there’s traffic. My nephews are here with their grandad. I just hope that they get to stay longer.
There’s just a lot of shit to accomplish this break. So many short stories that I have to finish before the end of the year. In fact, I should be finishing one this evening (I’ve set a personal deadline which is tomorrow, 22 December 2012).
Hey, we’ve survived the 12-21-12 end-of-the-world thingie. The date also reminds me of that special moment when I gambled my heart and mind to someone. Today is, in fact, the anniversary.
On my to-watch playlist:
- [Akira Kurosawa’s] Dreams
- Synechdoche, New York
- The Broken Tower
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen (I have to finish reading the book first)
- The Artist
On my to-read stack:
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
- Fish-hair woman
- Jesse Robredo: Proud Nagueno Memories
- Philippine Literature: A History and Anthology
- This tall stack of magazines, from Rogue to Juxtapoz, to HOW, to Poets & Writers
Take note, for one day I’m going to shut myself away from the world to ponder on these matters:
- A writer’s group for AdNU’s faculty and staff (I’m trying to create a list of initial members)
- The future of the Ateneo Literary Association and its role in the university
- More short stories
- Literary Criticism (and my other blog which I had neglected to update)
- My role as a part-time teacher
So far, so good. But first: the clean-up.